Amber Kinetics, Inc. is looking for an Technical Program Manager to take on the challenge of leading and organizing engineering programs for our flywheel energy storage systems. The successful candidate will provide leadership for complex, interrelated technical projects, often several at the same time. The individual will work closely to bridge communication amongst engineering, manufacturing, supply chain, and product management teams. The ideal candidate will be flexible and proactive to work in a dynamic start-up environment.
- Develop, refine, and execute on the New Product Introduction (NPI) process for Amber Kinetics’ next-gen products
- Work closely with team managers to translate top-down engineering goals and milestones into detailed product road maps, timelines, and deliverables
- Establish standard reports to provide concise and effective communications to key stakeholders on program status, issues/risks, roadblocks, and accomplishments
- Build structure around a product development gate review process, and execute on plan
- End-to-end ownership for technical projects (incl. leading project meetings, managing schedules, facilitating technical discussion, reporting progress, etc.)
- Facilitate communication and integration amongst all teams to ensure all relevant parties are aligned
- Prioritize critical path items, raise technical issues, and remove project roadblocks for the team
- Constantly balance resources to ensure projects stay on track
- Develop project metrics to communicate project progress at all levels of the organization
- Compile and organize project documentation
- Continuously improve best practices around project management
- Be a champion for process development, documentation, and workplace organization
- Become fluent in Amber Kinetics’ work processes and procedures, and assist others as needed
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Strong organizational and management skills
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic leadership behavior
- Comfortable with ambiguity, especially in an R&D setting
- A naturally inquisitive teammate who forms relationships quickly
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Willing to work across disciplines and engage all levels of the organization
Desired Experience and Skills
- B.S. in technical field (engineering preferred)
- Minimum of 3-5 years of technical program management experience
- Proficiency with project management software (Wrike, JIRA, etc.)
- Strong or demonstrated interest in clean energy, specifically energy storage
At Amber Kinetics, Inc. we value respect, collaboration, accountability, and quality. We offer a healthy work-life balance, engineering decision making and encourage opportunities for personal and technical growth, and the chance to pioneer new technologies and architectures to solve consequential problems.
Amber Kinetics' vision is a flywheel in every country to mitigate climate change and reduce poverty. We design and manufacture safe, environmentally sustainable energy storage solutions based on advanced flywheel technology. Our mission is to give customers the most compelling energy storage solution for a cleaner, safer, and more reliable energy infrastructure.
We are located in Union City, CA. Amber Kinetics, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Compensation and Benefits
- Salary and equity package commensurate with experience
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 401K matching plan