Amber Kinetics Inc is looking for a talented Sales Engineer based in Australia (Sydney preferred) to support the sales of our flywheel energy storage solution in Australia market. The candidate will be reporting to the head of Sales Engineering team under the Department of Business Development. This role will be responsible for providing technical support to the Director of Amber Kinetics Australia (AKAU) Business Development on business development related activities. He/she will also work closely with other internal departments including Engineering, Project Implementation, Product Management and Supply Chain globally. The role will provide technical assessment of opportunities and recommended solutions for prospective customers. The ideal candidate will be enthusiastic in renewable energy, self-driven, organized, flexible with excellent communication skills in order to respond and flourish in the rapidly developing industry.
· Perform as key customer liaison for technical aspects during company’s pre-sales process
· Primarily support Amber Kinetics Australia Business Development team and be responsible for technical inquiries, presentations, and discussions with prospective customers to demonstrate AK’s flywheel product’s technical advantages, competitiveness, and value proposition
· Develop the Technical Data Package (TDP) and host TDP review meetings for prospective projects in Australia market
· Conduct site surveys/assessment and generate assessment reports for projects in Australia
· Be the technical interface with other teams to ensure smooth transitions from pre-sales to post-sales
· Provide feedback to Engineering and Product Management for existing product improvement and the development of next generation products
· Understand Australia energy storage/renewable energy market trends, rules, certifications and regulations
· Build and maintain key relationships with clients throughout the full sales cycle.
· 3-7 years’ experience in the field of Sales/Application Engineering preferably from renewable energy/power industry
· Advanced skills of AutoCAD and Microsoft office.
· Ability to read & understand technical drawings & specifications - mechanical, civil, & electrical
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills to negotiate and handle difficult conversations with clients
· Bachelor of Science (BS) in Engineering (Electrical/Mechanical/Civil preferred)
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
· Ability to work autonomously as well as part of a team
Desired Experience and Skills
· Experience in energy storage or other sectors of renewable energy (e.g. wind/solar)
· Solid knowledge about renewable energy and energy storage systems
· Experience of working with project developers and systems integrators
· Familiarity with power markets of Australia
· Basics of product management and project finance
Your application was submitted successfully.